Work Incentives Planning and Assistance
DO YOU RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY BENEFITS?
- Testing your ability to work but need to continue to receive SSDI or SSI benefits?
- Working towards financial independence?
- Starting a business or continuing your education?
Social Security’s Work Incentives and Ticket to Work Program can make it possible to test your ability to work and still receive monthly disability payments and extended healthcare coverage.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION CALL THE TICKET TO WORK HELPLINE:
866.968.7842 (Voice) • 866.833.2967 (TTY)
Or, go online to the “ChooseWork” website: www.chooseworkttw.net
What Can You Expect?
Work Incentive Planning & Assistance (WIPA)
Advice on working and earning potential while receiving SSDI and/or SSI.
An explanation of federal, state and local work incentives and benefits, and assistance with identifying when work causes a change in your SSDI and/or SSI benefits.
Information about how the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS), and other Employment Networks can support your efforts to secure and retain work.
Opportunities to explore employment options and long-term supports.
Information about other resources that can assist you.
Ticket to Work Helpline
Get general information about the Ticket to Work and SSA Work Incentives.
Find information about CWICs, Employment Networks (ENs) and other employment-related assistance available in your area.
Community Work Incentives Coordinators (CWICS)
CWICs explain Social Security work incentives and help you apply them while developing a plan to either return to or continue working.
Social Security Administration Rules
These rules are called “work incentives.” Work incentives are rules that protect benefits while making an effort to work.
Already Working or Have a Job Offer Pending?
Contact the Houston Center for Independent Living at 1.877.877.7802 and ask to speak with a CWIC.
The Social Security Administration provides 95% of the resources for this project and HCIL, Inc. provides the remaining 5%.
This web page is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this web page for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.