VOTER INFORMATION ARE YOU A REGISTERED VOTER?
Check the Texas Secretary of State website https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/ to see if you are registered to vote.
You’ll need your name, date of birth, and county to check your status.
VOTER ELIGIBILITY IN TEXAS
• be a citizen of the United States
• be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made
• be at least 17 years and 10 months old (you must be 18 to vote)
• not be finally convicted of a felony,
• or if a convicted felon, you must have fully discharged your punishment, including any incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or be pardoned.
• have not been declared mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law
WAYS TO VOTE – IN PERSON:
What to bring to the polls:
• Texas State law requires registered voters to present one of seven forms of identification in order to vote in person at a polling location. They include:
• Texas driver’s license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
• Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
• United States military identification card containing person’s photograph
• United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
• United States passport
WAYS TO VOTE – BY MAIL
➢ Texas only allows registered voters to cast a mail-in ballot in certain circumstances.
To be able to vote by mail in Texas, you must meet one of the below requirements:
➢ Be 65 years or older.
➢ Be sick or disabled.
➢ Be out of the county on Election Day & during the period for early voting in person.
➢ Be expected to give birth within three weeks before or after Election Day.
➢ Be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.
➢ If you meet one of these requirements and are registered to vote, download the application from the Texas secretary of state’s website, then mail it to the election administrator in your county.
➢ Deadline — 30 days before the election.
➢ You must provide your driver’s license number to register to vote; OR, provide at least the last four digits of your social security number.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Voter Registration Deadline
Tue. Oct. 11, 2022
Early Voting Begins
Mon. Oct. 24, 2022
Last Day Mail Ballot Received
Fri. Oct. 28, 2022
Early Voting Ends
Fri. Nov. 4, 2022
Mid-Term General Election Day
Tue. Nov. 8, 2022
More Election Information: Office of the Secretary of State Elections Division P.O. Box 12060 Austin, TX 78711-2060.