The Coalition For
Barrier Free Living, Inc.

+1 713-974-4621

Corporate Office

Mon - Thu: 8:00 - 5:00

Site always open

MyHome MyChoice

Residential Transition Program (RTS)

You Can Live at Home

Do you or someone you know live in a nursing facility, and want to move back home or into a new community-based setting? Do you want to live with your family or find an affordable, accessible apartment? People in nursing facilities can live in their own homes or with family and get access to the community-based help they need.

If you receive Medicaid, you may qualify for in-home care. The Houston Center for Independent Living (HCIL) can help you understand in-home care options and assist you in finding the right place to live in the community of your choice.

MyHome MyChoice

CBFL is a community-based, non-profit, independent living advocacy organization created by and for people with disabilities.

Our services include, but are not limited to: disability awareness, peer-to-peer counseling and support, individual and systems advocacy, information and referral, independent living skills training and relocation/transition community integration services and opportunities. People with any disability and any age can receive our services.


Houston Center for Independent Living

11111 Wilcrest Green Drive, Suite 385

Houston, TX 77042

Voice/TTY:  (713) 974-4621

Videophone:  (346) 231-0641

Fax:  (713) 974-6927


Fort Bend Center for Independent Living

12946 Dairy Ashford Road, Suite 110

Sugar Land, Texas 77478

Voice/TTY:  (281) 980-2219

Videophone:  (832) 532-3650

Fax:  (281) 980-2298